Friday, December 2, 2011

The Meat Blog

I am really thinking this may really be just a place for me to write about eating meat. Today Kripalu had chicken. Chicken that really went beyond the cuttlery---butter knife, not the right tool for the task at hand :)

So at the suggestion of everyone else at the table, I got in there with my hands. There is something so visceral about that. Almost animalistic and raw. And I was in it--slimy and juicy and loving it. There is something about meat that is so present moment for me. Something so NOW.

I'm actually a little surprised how easy the transition is---I don't feel any remorse or guilt about food and I am starting to see that take flight in my life. I feel as if I question myself less and I listen better to what my body feels. I eat what feels appealing---I move how my body wants to move. Slow, fast, dancing, shoes on or off, resting. I feel more in my body. I hold less tightly to structure, schedules, and beliefs.

The shoulds are evolving into coulds, or rather, what would you (body) like. Maybe b/c I am eating more things with ears, my inner listening is getting an extra dose of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment