Sunday, December 11, 2011

How The Lotus Grows

Eating meat is actually one of the most liberating acts and it's something that is contributing to me letting go of being the scorekeeper of my life. What I have realized is how much I am attached to following rules and giving myself "points" for being good. I think I have actually softened and given myself permission to make mistakes. And to be compassionate when I do so and then own up, apologize, or make it right. In letting go of score keeping, I feel more freedom. I stop letting the tally weigh heavy on my heart and I find that I rise to the present moment. I show up. I allow that to be all. I am practicing what I teach, the learning happens from the falling. That is where the ground is fertile for growth. If I don't fall, I don't grow.

And I look to inspiration from those around me---all of us growing from the muck, the darkness, and blooming in the light, like my cousins Meredith and Brian---I still well up when I watch this video about how Meredith's passing inspired Brian's living. May we all continue to unfurl from our challenges and show others our beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment