Sunday, December 18, 2011

Literary

A few days ago, a question was posed to me, what do you need to do in order to thrive. What I realized about my life in the city before I moved to Kripalu is that I wasn't doing hardly anything literary except every now and again. Or at least not in community. But this weekend after seeing the Alcott House and Walden Pond and teaching the fiction workshop and spending time with a community of writers in Bedford, MA, I realize how important words are to me and how in a way, they are the bread, a way of taking in sustenance. I have felt that as I have been rehearsing my slam poem and anticipating listening to my own writing on NPR on Selected Shorts. I do miss my DC literary community.

One of the rituals I have created for myself is either reading a little first thing in the morning or last thing before bed and I realize how much that feeds my soul.

And I want to return to working on my work and committing to poems and fiction. And committing to connecting to more of that kind of creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment