Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gratitude

Everyday I wake up and someone has made me breakfast, I have a hot tub and sauna and unlimited yoga and gorgeous grounds to walk on. It's true, I don't make very much money for what I do, but if water, kale, and nature are compensation, I am definitely richer than I have been since ever actually.

However what makes this experience even richer is the personal connections. One of my students from the last ytt just sent me her grandmother's aprons because she knows how much I love wearing them over my yoga pants :) It is such a gift to feel the offering of someone's personal family history. The generosity and connection that I feel just by being here is so magnified each time I step onto my mat or into my role as teacher. And realizing that this moment exists as now---what if I looked at every minute as a chance to step up on this mat of life and choose to open my heart and connect?

So this is my plan---to find a moment of each day to make a new connection or to rekindle and reconnect to dear friends and family not physically here with me and to replant the seeds of what it means to be present. And what if we all did that, took more time to express love and gratitude? Outside the weather is unseasonably warm and so I'm letting that be my reminder to be warmer (or hotter) inside....


No comments:

Post a Comment