Thursday, March 8, 2012

What We Can't Explain

Lately I've been thinking in a whole new mindset---the one of I don't know instead of I know. I used to really want explanations. If I do this, I get that or figuring out the reason why. The conclusion I've come to is we will never know why. We may think we do, but we don't. Recently I entered a writing contest. I just found out I didn't win, but before that I had sent the essay to my mentor who had unbeknownst to me, sent it to the Marketing/Editorial Dept. here. And they want to publish it! If not for the contest, I would have not written the piece. So this leads me to believe that our life is made up of a string of circumstances, cities on a map and each decision or moment is connected to the next, but perhaps not in the obvious or linear way the mind works. Instead, the more I open to the random-ness, the easier it is to not attach...

No comments:

Post a Comment