Monday, February 27, 2012

The Vinyasa of Life

Last Saturday I was guiding my students out of shavasana when the fire alarm went off. Calmly I invited them to press up, grab their shoes and a blanket and exit through the side door and used the moment as a teaching one---how to stay in the vinyasa and move with what life offers. We om-ed outside---one student said om-ing made her warmer and so we did it again and I asked her to lead the next one as she's a YTT student. The next part of the experience was to find yoga, union, connection by meeting a new person and using this as a moment to cultivate welcome and friendliness in any situation.

I'm feeling so honored and grateful for this teaching moment, to look at everything as part of the flow---to not use the tools of planning, but simply the tools of being :)

No comments:

Post a Comment