Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bramacharya

One of the things that I don't feel I do is take my time. My father has this saying about our family. We leap before we look. In some ways, this is a great way to live---I jump into situations that I may not normally. However, it also means that many of my decisions come from the outside in instead of the inside out. I let things land but not absorb.

So I am continuing my practice of walking slowly, in nature, barefoot when I can, practicing analoma viloma and now will add using sesame oil and nasaya oil to bring in more ways of connecting to my body through aruyveda.

One of the passages that I really liked in the Mahabarta was the one in which one of the Pandavas brothers decides not to fight a battle because he wants things to be safe and peaceful and his other brother says to him: My dear brother, any great undertaking will seem difficult in the beginning. This should not dampen our spirits and enthusiasm. What cannot be achieved by might can be achieved through wisdom.

It is my hope that I am on the path of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment