Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Beginner's Mind

Lately I have been thinking about patterns that become habits and when is the point when something stops serving or nourishing me in the way that it used to. And would that be a lull or a sign that change is needed and is it a physical or mental shift or both?

I am now assisting my 5th YTT and for the first time it feels new. Even just going over the program agreements yesterday brought new wisdom about how to approach a new experience.

This is really the first time in my life I'm watching my yoga practice shift from a very physical external practice to a more internal and slower practice.

I'm really excited to teach sadhana today---to talk about where I was in my practice and how then the shift was the anamayakosha but now transformation is happening in more subtle layers of the body. Even with breaking habitual patterns I feel the newness. Today's newness of turkey burger and the white lights strung on the trees outside the classroom window. And my joy and excitement in the lunch line and when I noticed the lights as if hearing a secret or private joke and instead of whispering to tell someone about the lights, I just let my heart smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment