Sunday, January 29, 2012

the epic

I remember going to a maha sadhana with dharma mittra in june in which he said, what if you did everything as if it were devotion to g-d. how easy it is to both forget and remember divinity, within myself and within the world. for me, that comes with waking before the sunrise, or getting to sleep in until 7 and make coffee and to have pumpkin bread for breakfast. or even 30 minutes of the whirlpool and/or sauna---and what grace when i am the only one using them.

But right now in this ytt, the question for me is how can each moment be a teaching, a place for wisdom, insight, and love. as i am reading the mahabarta, to see my colleagues as characters in the epic of my life, of all of our lives and to see everything as nourishment. even the experiences in which i think i could have done it differently, perhaps better, but to trust that each thing that happens is a chance for me to be part of this experience, each moment, to both deepen and let go. to show up, again and again, to meet myself as only myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment